Letters

13:52


Hello,
Yes it’ right. Today I’ll write in English. Tomorrow I have an English test and so I must train my English writing. Speaking is so much easier! Over the summer holidays I’ve forgot so much and now I’m thinking about how to write “enough”. Okay … I was never very good in English writing, but now it’s really bad.

But enough about that… To the main point of our today’s post… I’ve a letter from Serina, my lovely pen-friend (Habbo, I also like you *hug*). And once again a found out, that I love letters. Not just e-mails, but this one with paper and envelope. You know, I have a big internet break, so the only way to have still contact with my friends out in the world is per mail. It takes much more time and I have to wait for weeks, but the pleasure if you see your name on the envelope between the mails of your parents, is just … yeah … I can’t find the right words … also in German. The joy is just so much bigger…
At the moment I write with Serina and Habbo, to friends from the internet. Both live in Germany. To write letters is so different to chat with them or write e-mails. You can talk as long as you want about your feelings, about your thoughts, about the weather, and no one will interrupt you. And if you write a long e-mail, it’s also not the same. If a letter has 7 pages (yes …. I’ve write a letter with 7 pages … I’ve forgot about what *laugh*) it’s easier to read (and much more beautiful), as if you read an e-mail, which you have to scroll x-times.
I don’t know if anybody understands what I’m talking about, but I think it was time to talk about something beautiful. I’ve shown you for weeks photos, but isn’t the theme of this blog “looking for beauty?” So you know what is something beautiful for me. And now I want to know, what you think about writing letters.

Today is the November 22, right? So eight days left till the first December. It’s my first advent with a blog … what do you would like to have? Since my internet break I have a new hobby – cooking. In the advent I’ll beak cookies – should I give you every week two or three recipes? And would you like to get everyday a post on this blog? Please tell me same ideas! I’d like to do something ^^.

So … Last, but not least: I’m so sorry, that I haven’t post something yesterday! I don’t know why, but I forgot. Maybe because I went to cinema, to see se new Harry Potter film. I like the movie! It gets better, each time! The landscapes were so beautiful and I like it, when Harry and his friends were in “real” London. And it was so cool, when Voldemort destroyed the power lines! Or the fight in the café. The quality of the films gets better and the fights are just great. I love the scene in the wood; the fast cuts were just great!

Okay… enough ^^
What my sister would say now: “If you don’t stop telling boring things, I’ll will put you in the Gulli, and do the Deckel druf, and you will never see the Tageslicht” ^^
So I’ll stop telling boring things and you’ll gonna tell me ideas for the advent in this blog ;)

Love you
Beth



You Might Also Like

8 Kommentare

  1. Hey Beth,
    good luck for the testpaper tomorrow! I found a few mistakes in spelling and tenses but I guess it's really not bad enough to worry that much. ;) You'll do it!
    I totally agree with you - Writing letters is a lot better than writing mails or chat or post in a Forum.^^
    And for your question about the advent... Good questions. I'd love to get some recipes, indeed. One post a day might be a bit hard, don't you think so? It'd be great, though. And maybe you're going to be in a writing mood and post a few short stories!?
    Surprise me! ;)
    BW!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thank you ^^
    Yes, yes ... grammatic is hard -.- I just can hope, that by the test I've got luck and do all right.
    @advent ... I'll see ... maybe I'll post everyday something - a picture, a text, a quotation, a recipes, ...
    I'm a very bad short story writer. hmmm ... maybe I'll write a post about my problems with SSs ^^
    But since last year (in the last advent) I have a idea of a story ... not a story more a describtion or some observations ... I'll see *thinking*
    I hope, I will ^^

    LG
    Beth

    P.S.: funny, that you also answer in english ^^
    P.S.S.: I write 3 english texts today! =D *happy*

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Little advice: Don't ever translate german sentences 1:1 into the english language. Apart from the grammar, you did little mistakes. Good luck on your test! :)

    By the way: Now, it's a joy to read your name on a letter (treasure it), but in the future, you'll howl with despise, because the only letters you will get as an adult, are annoying advertisings and bills. MANY bills xDDD

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. ^^ you always think so negativ! I hope that the correspond will not end when I become an adult...

    Thank you for your tipps ...
    The test was ok. We'll see ... =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Well, I'm an adult after all xD
    And when the time comes to bear children, it's going to be better, until the day I die and find eternal peace xDDD

    (Seriously, you don't believe every crap I'm talking about, do you? xD)

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. *it's NOT going to be better

    (sry, my mistake!)

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Beth ♥
    I hope your test went good.
    And well, I have to agree, I LOVE writing (and getting) letters. Of course you don't get any letters if you don't write any letters, so its a two way thing. But anyway I have lots of fun doing it, since it's just... nicer. With nice letter paper and pens and everything - as I promised, my next letter will be a bit nicer :P

    About the advent-thing. I would love to read some recipes here! In the past weeks I've been baking cakes and cookies, too, and I'd like to try something new. And well, maybe some pictures? :D I like your photographys.

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. @andra: I'm still hoping for a "happy ever after" ^^

    @habbo: thank you *hug* We'll see ;)

    AntwortenLöschen

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images